You may be washing your hair with shampoo & conditioner every day! But do you know, washing hair every day is not so helpful for hair's health? It can strip the hair's natural oils, make them dry & the hair will produce overproduce the oil, resulting in greasy hair. So, it is necessary not to wash your hair every day. But, how to train your hair to not be washed everyday?
Actually, there are different & even natural ways to do it. You can start from using dry shampoo, to rinsing only, to using other natural & effective products instead of shampoos. Let's get to know about all of them & something more about hair washing!
How to train your hair to not be washed everyday?
If you are used to cleansing your hair every day & if you skip even one day, you start to feel irritation & extra oil buildup. Then don't worry, here are some ways to skip & train your hair not to be washed every day!
1) Try Rinsing Hair at First – The first & foremost thing that you can do to train your hair is just rinsing your hair in water & not using any shampoo or hair products. Next, you can massage the scalp with fingers to try to remove dust & extra oil buildup. The rinsing will definitely decrease the irritation & oil buildup.
2) Try using dry shampoo – Dry shampoos are a great way to avoid hair washing & even help when you don't have water to wash your hair. Dry shampoo will soak the extra oil & even work on the dust & help remove it during the combing. So consider a dry shampoo.
3) Try Apple Cider Vinegar – For another day of not going for hair washing, you can try using an apple cider vinegar solution. You can 1/4 cup of vinegar into 1 cup of water. Now put it on your wet hair & rub throughs scalp & hair. It will help remove the dust & product buildup. It will even help maintain the pH level of the scalp.
4) Do not over condition your hair – When using conditioner, try not to over condition your hair as it will disbalance the natural oil product & increase it. So you need to wash your hair in that case. So try to condition appropriately.
5) Try to cover your head when going out – If you are going out to buy groceries or go for a bicycle ride, try o cover your head. It will avoid the dust getting into your hair & increase the time of hair washing.
So this is how you can avoid hair washing every day.
Batiste Dry Shampoo
How often should you wash your hair?
The correct span of washing your hair is actually 2-3 times a week & this can be even 3-4 tomes for oily hair. So, ideally, you should not wash your hair everyday for whatever your hair type is.
However, depending on the hair type, the frequency of hair washing also changes. It is 3-5 times a week, like oily hair, but the fine hair needs to be washed 4-5 times a week.
So to know the right frequency of washing hair your hair, read this article –
How to train your hair to be less oily?
If your hair becomes oily every day, then you need to wash them every day, so to avoid hair washing, it is necessary to work on oily hair first. Here are some ways to train your hair to be less oily:
- Try avoiding sulfate shampoos as they can make the scalp overproduce natural oils.
- Use dry shampoo to control hair oil between washes.
- Try washing your hair with apple cider vinegar to keep oil at bay and to keep the pH of your scalp in check.
- Do not overuse blow dryers. Let the hair dry naturally; it will prevent extra oil production.
- Brush your hair with a boar bristle brush to equally distribute the scalp oil to the hair ends.
Now, you can avoid washing your hair everyday. These ways will definitely be going to help. We hope you found this article helpful & informative. Please let us know your thoughts & recommendations in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!