Perioral Dermatitis is often misunderstood for acne problems. It is a totally different disease, and it is a kind of rash that mainly develops around your mouth.
However, it can further extend to other parts of the face. So it is necessary to treat this disease as soon as possible.
There are several ways to treat Perioral Dermatitis; you can get treatment, do it in natural ways, and treat it at home.
But many of us want quick results. And the question arrives in our minds, How to get rid of Perioral Dermatitis Overnight?
So to answer this question, we are here with this article. But before that, let’s have a quick insight into what Perioral Dermatitis is!
What is Perioral Dermatitis?
Perioral Dermatitis is a skin rash eruption around the mouth (perioral stands for “around the mouth,” and Dermatitis stands for “inflammation of the skin.”
The disease starts around the mouth, and small rashes start to form in different clusters. The rash is red in color and can feel burning, itching, and inflammatory.
Perioral Dermatitis can happen at any age. But specifically, it affects children aged seven months to 13 years and women aged 19-40 years.
Perioral Dermatitis is often misdiagnosed for acne or eczema, which makes it troublesome to treat later. So it is essential to get it treated in serious cases by a good dermatologist.
Why does Perioral Dermatitis happen?
According to researchers, Perioral Dermatitis happens due to withdrawal from topical steroids specifically.
It starts happening when the doctor prescribes some topical steroids, but the patient leaves consuming them in between treatments. Then as a side effect, Perioral Dermatitis happens.
Other causes of Perioral Dermatitis are-
- Contact with Sodium Lauryl from detergent, toothpaste, and hair care products.
- Hormonal fluctuations
- Heavy use of face creams and facial oils
- Fluoride in toothpaste.
How to Get Rid of Perioral Dermatitis Overnight?
If you have low or mild perioral Dermatitis, it can be treated at home and in some natural ways. But if you have serious Perioral Dermatitis, we recommend you visit a Dermatologist because it may not get treated with home treatment.
Also, it is not possible to treat Perioral Dermatitis overnight, but you can surely hide them through makeup. It may take some time, like a week or less than a week, to treat mild Perioral Dermatitis.
So now let’s have a look at treatments that can solve the problem of Perioral Dermatitis fast way!
1) Face mask
Stop using soap on your face and start using a face mask every day to see better results in a few days. Most experts recommend using a topical sulphur face mask to treat Perioral Dermatitis.
You should apply the face mask, leave it for 30 minutes, and rinse it with warm water. You will see improvement overnight.
2) Oral Medications
To treat Perioral Dermatitis overnight or fast as possible, visit a dermatologist, and they will recommend oral antibiotics that will have doxycycline, minocycline, and tetracycline.
So these oral medications are best to treat Perioral Dermatitis in the best and fastest way possible. However, in case of a severe condition, it may take some extra time to get treated.
Quick Link: Best Treatment for Wrinkles Above Lips
3) Topical Antibiotic Medications
Dermatitis caused by topical steroids can be healed by immunosuppressive creams such as tacrolimus or pimecrolimus.
Azelaic acid and adapalene are also examples of topical anti-acne ointments and antibiotics.
Azelaic acid topically is another effective treatment for Perioral Dermatitis.
So if your dermatologist or expert has recommended you to use these above topical antibiotic medications, use them, and you will get treated in a few days or a week in case of mild symptoms.
4) Use Face Wash and Moisturisers
You can use face wash and moisturizer to treat Perioral Dermatitis but keep in mind the facewash you use should be natural and free of Sodium Laureth Sulphate.
Also, the moisturizer you use should be free of lanolin, fragrance, and water bases.
Use of facewash and moisturizer daily will treat the Perioral Dermatitis rashes.
5) Use of Squalane Oil
Squalane Oil is known to be an ideal moisturizer for sensitive and inflamed skin. So it is best to use it if you want to treat Perioral Dermatitis naturally.
The molecule size of Squalane Oil is identical to the skin’s sebum molecules. Thus, it is absorbed better by the skin and is also antibacterial and antifungal.
So use Squalane oil daily at night and leave it for the night. So use Squalane oil daily at night and leave it for the night. The oil will definitely show results overnight and complete results in few days. ys.
Read Also: How to lighten Hair dyed too dark
6) Use of Neem Oil
In India, Neem is considered a natural treatment for various skin-related diseases. The scientific reason is it contains antibacterial, analgesic, and antimicrobial properties. Also, it is proven to be effective for treating Perioral Dermatitis.
Neem oil soothes the skin by reducing itching and burning sensation. To apply Neem oil, use it with Coconut in a 1:1 ratio. Neem oil capsules or supplements can also be effective.
7) Apple Cider Vinegar
The anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar make it an effective treatment for Dermatitis. As it is antibacterial, it also eliminates infection-causing toxins in and on the skin.
The high concentration of vitamins and minerals in apple cider vinegar keeps the skin healthy and youthful.
Make a solution of apple cider vinegar and water and apply it to your face. Rinse with water after 15 minutes.
Quick Link: should i wash my hair before going to the salon
8) Things to follow during the above treatments
Here are some things that you can follow during the treatments to stop further infection of any other face part.
- Stop using normal soap on your face as it can cause more allergies to your face.
- Stop using Steroids if you’re taking any because the steroids you are taking may be the reason for your Perioral Dermatitis.
- Avoid fluoride-based toothpaste because it can also be the reason for your face rashes.
- Nose inhalers are also among the causes of rashes. Stop using them or consult your doctor regarding that.
- Limit your coffee and cinnamon intake.
- Try to avoid Dairy products, Alcohol, Sugary drinks, and Processed foods when facing Perioral Dermatitis.
- Do not exfoliate your skin if you’re facing Perioral Dermatitis. It may further make the problem worse.
- Try to avoid going naked in high sunlight because the sun’s UV rays are known to be the cause of Perioral Dermatitis.
Products Recommendations if facing Perioral Dermatitis!
Noble Formula Zinc Argan Oil Bar Soap
- Brand – Noble Formula
- Chemical – 2% Pyrithione Zinc (ZnP)
- Best for – Acne-prone skin, Dry Skin, Perioral Dermatitis
- Will show results overnight
Epionce Lytic Sports Tx
- Brand – Epionce
- Skin type – Oily, Combination
- Best for – Perioral Dermatitis, Eczema
- Its topical Azelaic Acid is best to treat PD.
Dr. Barbara Sturm Clarifying Mask
- Brand – Dr. Barbara Sturm
- Skin type – All
- Best for – Perioral Dermatitis, Eczema
- Benefit – Moisturizing
- Main Ingredients -Purslane, Zinc, Balloon Vine
- Best face mask to treat PD
- You will see overnight results
The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Hemi-Squalane
- Brand – The Ordinary
- Skin type – Dry
- Item Form – Serum
- Best for – Perioral Dermatitis, Eczema
- Best, if you want to treat PD with oil
How to prevent Perioral Dermatitis?
It may be possible that you don’t have Perioral Dermatitis, but you should know things that will help you prevent Perioral Dermatitis. The small changes will help you stay away from Perioral Dermatitis. Let’s have a look!
1) Eat Quinoa, millets, Broccoli, Spinach, Kale, and Fenugreek to keep your skin free from rashes.
2) Avoid the use of topical steroid creams without consulting your doctor. They may cause face rashes and other face problems.
3) Try to minimize the use of cosmetics and, if using, buy good quality products.
4) Water-based skincare and lotions are best to use.
5) Try to minimize stress because it causes Perioral Dermatitis.
6) Do yoga and meditation daily to keep your body and skin healthy and calm your mind from stress.
7) Try to consume low sugary drinks.
Most Important – Do not take excess coffee and cinnamon intake. It is good to lower their use.
So this was about Perioral Dermatitis in general and ‘How to Get Rid of Perioral Dermatitis Overnight?’ specifically. So I hope you have to find the answer to your question.
Keep in mind that in case of severe Perioral Dermatitis, visit a good dermatologist. Do not try to treat it at home.
Feel free to leave a comment on this article. Suggestions are also invited!
Thank you for reading!