Gone are the days when corkscrews’ hair curls were popular in the 1980s. But this time, the curls are more soft and gentle.
Now, people love to get their hair permed. Many even want to get their bleached hair perm. But they don’t know if it is possible to perm bleached hair.
Also, while thinking about perming bleached hair, many questions arrive in one’s mind like ‘Can you perm Bleached hair? Is it safe to perm bleached hair? Where can I get bleached hair permed? How much time should be between getting hair bleaching and perming? How to take care of permed bleach hair?’
So, to give answers to all these questions and queries regarding perm bleaching, we are here. We’ve researched and tried to summarize perm bleaching. So let’s get started!
What are perm hair and bleached hair?
Before knowing, can you perm bleached hair or not, it is important to understand what does perm bleached hair means.
Bleached Hair- Bleached hair is caused by the chemical process of dyeing your hair, and the dye strips the color. The hair becomes without any natural color with hair bleaching. Hair bleaching is a painful process.
Perm Hair- Perm hair refers to a chemical procedure applied to the hair to alter its structure. Hair is curled or waved as a result. This product is best for people with fine or thin hair. The perming process differs with different hair textures.
Also Read –
Can you perm Bleached hair?
Yes, you can get your bleached hair permed, but it is not recommended to do it. You have already chemically processed your hair.
If multiple chemical procedures are performed, it could affect hair health, causing split ends, cuticle breakage, and frizzy hair. Furthermore, perming-colored hair will likely lighten the hair color.
However, if you really want to get perm bleached hair, get it done by a professional hair salon/stylist. Also, consult a hair expert and stay aware of the damages that can occur to your hair.
It can also be done at home. Make sure you wait at least 2-3 weeks between bleaching and perming.
Is it safe to perm bleached hair?
If you get your hair perm bleached between a gap of 2-3 weeks, there is not much of a problem. Although your hair will still get some damage, the damage will be manageable.
But if you get your hair permed the same day the hair is bleached, your hair will surely get a lot of damage. It can alter the hair structure, and cause frizziness, split ends, and even cuticle breakage.
So, indeed it is safe to perm bleached hair but only between a gap of 2-3 weeks to avoid any hair damage.
If you really want to get perming on bleached hair in a short period, then you should do a chunk test. If hair passes the chunk test, then you can go with perming.
Also Read –
What is a Chunk Test for getting bleached hair permed?
Before getting your bleached hair permed within 1-2 days, you should perform a chunk test, which will show either your hair is strong to get perming on bleached hair.
Dip some hair in a glass of water; if your hair sinks to the bottom of the glass and absorbs the water, it means your hair are weak and dehydrated. So don’t do the perming on these hair.
If your hair does not sink, then only you should proceed with the perming process.
Also Read –
How much time gap should be between getting hair bleaching and perming?
If you visit a professional to get advice, they will definitely tell you to take a gap of 2-3 weeks between hair bleaching and hair perming. We also recommend you to have a gap of 2-3 weeks.
Because if you get your bleached hair permed within one or two days, you may experience cuticle breakage, frizzy hair, split ends, and bad hair health.
The time of 2-3 weeks is advised because your hair has already become weaker with the process of bleaching. Perming them within a short time will further make them more vulnerable and barren.
Also Read –
Ponts to know about perming bleached hair
When you book your appointment to perm your bleached hair, hair are some things to know before that.
- Have patience-Manage your time because it is a long process. You have to undergo various steps such as bleaching, coloring, perming, etc.
- Fade Away- Your color is likely to fade more quickly with the used chemicals from the perm than without perm.
- Moisturize- This process will make your hair dry. So, it is recommended to moisturize your hair from time to time.
- Limit your hair wash- After perming your hair, you need to wash your hair once or twice a week to avoid color and curls fading.
Where can you get bleached hair permed?
If you have already bleached your hair either by yourself or from a salon, and you’re planning to get those hair permed. Then you should take at least 1-2 weeks gap before getting them permed. To perm bleached hair, you should visit a salon or professional because they can advise you on perming and will also cautiously do the job.
Cost at a salon – Perming bleached hair is between $40 to $200 in the USA, but most people pay around $80.
But if you want to perm bleached hair at home, then you may need to take extra care. Perming bleached hair at home is possible, but you may not get the results you want.
To perm bleached hair at home, you should buy a special perm kit made for bleached hair and natural shampoo. Also, watch a step-by-step tutorial on youtube and then start the process of perming bleached hair.
Note– It is advised that you should get bleached hair permed only at a salon or from a professional. If you do it by yourself, your may get frizzy or unmanageable.
What is the process of perming bleached hair?
In order to get your permed hair, you need to have a perm kit for bleached hair and neutral and natural shampoo.
Steps to perm bleached hair
- Remove oil and dirt from your hair with a clarifying shampoo.
- After drying your hair, detangle all the knots with a brush.
- Make uniform sections of your hair.
- Take a thin strand from one section with the help of a rat tail comb, and wrap the section of hair around the curling rod. Do the same thing with the left areas.
- Apply the perming solution to the rods and wait for five minutes.
- Check whether your hair gets curls or not by unwrapping the hair around one curling rod. If it is not done, wait for another two minutes.
- When you get S-like curls, wash your hair with warm water without removing the rods.
- Use a blow dryer to dry your hair and use a neutralizing liquid on the rods.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Dry your hair and remove the rods gently.
- Avoid brushing your hair and do not shampoo for the next three days.
How to take care of your permed, bleached hair?
As you have got your bleached hair permed, so now, how to take care of that hair? How to improve hair health and preserve the style. Here are some steps you should do –
- Use paraben-free, sulphate-free, and other chemical-free, natural shampoo to hydrate and strengthen the hair.
- Use deep conditioners to reduce the damage to your hair.
- Go for hair spa sessions twice a month to nourish the hair.
Also Read –
So this was all about Perming bleached hair. I hope you had found the answer to your questions regarding perming bleached hair.
Tell us in the comments how you find our article, ”Can you perm bleached hair?” Suggestions and other thoughts are welcome!
Thank you for reading!