Excess weight is a common problem nowadays & it is on the rise due to an unhealthy lifestyle & food. Many people have excess weight of even 100+ pounds. In this modern era, it is possible to get weight loss surgery or measures & many people get it to get rid of excess weight. But with weight loss, there can be one problem & many people have this question in mind that, ‘will I have loose skin after losing 50 pounds?’, before losing their weight artificially or through surgery.
So, the answer is yes, if you are losing 50 pounds through surgery or in a very short span of time, then you will lose skin around your waist or where weight loss has happened. Let’s get to know the reasons behind this & more about weight loss & loose skin.
Will I have loose skin after losing 50 pounds?
Yes, you have to cope with loose skin after you get a weight loss of 50 pounds. This will happen after you get weight loss either in a short span of time or through the surgeries.
However, not everyone ends up with loose skin because factors such as your age, how long you’ve been overweight, and how much muscle you had before gaining the weight might influence your chances of developing loose skin.
Because you want to be more confident, you think you’d go through weight loss to do that. But some patients become more self-conscious because they have a lot of extra skin.
How much weight loss causes loose skin?
Sudden weight loss of around 30-40 pounds & more results in saggy skin. Weight loss through surgery results in loose skin. Generally, weight loss of 40-50 pounds results in loose skin howvere, it can be affected by age, how you lose weight, genes & some other factors.
Skin sagging is rare in those who lose just a little amount of weight (less than 20 pounds).
Quick Link: best hair color for brown skin and black eyes
Why does loose skin after weight loss happen?
Actually, there are a lot of different factors that result in loose skin after weight loss happens. Let’s have a look at all of them:
1) Rapid Weight Loss – For those who have had bariatric surgery to lose more than 100 pounds, this condition is common. Weight loss of 40 to 50 pounds may have the same impact as a 100+ pound weight reduction. Excess skin is left in around 70% of those who get the operation. Fast weight loss prevents our skin from progressively contracting, resulting in sagging and drooping skin.
2) Gradual weight gain – When weight increase exceeds the skin’s elasticity, the skin is unable to properly shrink back down when weight reduction occurs.
3) Skin Aging – A person’s age and skin quality, rather than merely how much weight they lose, affect whether or not they will have loose skin after losing weight. Younger individuals and those with naturally good skin elasticity are more likely to prevent extra skin.
Here are a few other things that results in loose skin:
- Poor food quality
- Sun exposure
- Your skin’s response to weight gain and reduction may be influenced by your genes.
Does loose skin go away?
For minor to moderate levels of weight reduction like around 20-30 pounds, your skin will most likely retract on its own without any help from you. Natural home treatments may also be of use.
For those who have lost a big amount of weight, like more than 40 pounds the loose skin will not go away or retract. However, body-contouring surgery or other medical treatments to tighten or remove loose skin may be required.
Read Also: did michael jackson bleach his skin
What are the problems related to loose skin?
Loose skin creates lots of problems for one even if they get the weight loss. Here are the problems that arise from loose skin:
- Physical discomfort
- Decreased physical activity
- Skin irritation and breakdown
- Poor body image
How can you get rid of loose skin after weight loss?
Yes, it is possible to get rid of loose skin that you got from sudden weight loss. Here are the various methods to get rid of loose skin:
1) With surgical removal– In the aftermath of bariatric surgery or significant weight reduction, cosmetic surgery may be necessary to remove excessive skin. These cosmetic surgery techniques are quite successful, and they often include cutting away extra skin and raising or contouring the remaining tissue once the skin has been removed or removed.
2) Liposuction- For individuals who have modest skin and fat excess, liposuction is a treatment that removes fat by sucking it out of the body. Consider the procedure of micro-needling with radio frequency energy, which creates millions of small punctures in your skin and distributes radio frequency energy to your skin while you are being treated.
3) Body contouring – Patients might also resort to contouring techniques such as BodyTite and FaceTite, which can be used in combination with liposuction to remove fat and tighten skin. However, these treatments may not be effective in all but the most minor instances of extra skin.
4) Exipure – Exipure is unlike anything you’ve ever tried or experienced in your life before. It is the only product in the world with a proprietary blend of 8 exotic nutrients and plants designed to target low brown adipose tissue (BAT) levels, the new found root-cause of your unexplained weight gain. For every tiny increase in BAT means a huge jump in calorie and fat burning and energy levels! Click to Know more
How can you get rid of loose skin after weight loss, naturally?
Here are the natural ways through which one can get rid of loose skin:
1) Exercise – It is usually a good idea to add muscle to your frame with a rigorous workout plan that includes strength training. Additionally, it has the potential to make your skin seem tauter.
2) Take collagen- Collegen hydrolysate and collagen hydrolysate are quite similar in composition. Connective tissue in animals contains collagen, which is a kind of protein that has been processed. Taking a liquid collagen supplement for 12 weeks resulted in an improvement in skin elasticity, texture, and moisture.
3) Take certain nutrients and stay hydrated- It takes a lot of nutrients to make collagen, which is important for healthy skin. Here are those nutreints:
- Vitamin C
- Omega-3 fatty acids
This was all about the loose skin that happens after sudden weight loss & the problems & remedies of it. We hope you found the satisfactory answer to ‘Will I have loose skin after losing 50 pounds?’, also found this article helpful & informative. Please let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!