Acne is a widespread problem nowadays, and if you don’t get the proper treatment at the right time, then it can major concern for you & your looks. So, it needs to be treated rightfully, and you can even treat & prevent that acne by yourself. You just need the right products & usage instructions. One of the best skin care products is made by Obagi skin care.
Obagi makes products for regular skincare, eye care. Moreover, they also made products for special skin-related problems like acne.
This article will focus on Obagi skin care products for acne treatment & how to use them properly! So let’s get started!
Acne results from different reasons, such as P. acnes bacteria on the skin, plugged pores, overactive sebum glands, hormonal fluctuations, stress, and genetics. But it is essential to deal with them. So the Obagi Skin Care products help in preventing & eliminating the acnes. The specially made products have unique chemical compounds, which are best to treat & prevent acne.
Obagi Medical CLENZIderm M.D. System
Best Acne Treatment
- Brand – Obagi Medical
- Skin type -Normal To Oily
- Ingredients – Salicylic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide
- Includes, Cleanser, Pore Therapy & Lotion
- Ratings- 4.6 Stars
Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. Daily Care Foaming Acne Face Wash Acne Cleanser
Obagi Medical CLENZIderm M.D. Pore Therapy Acne Treatment
Obagi Medical CLENZIderm M.D. Therapeutic Lotion Benzoyl Peroxide
So the Obagi Skin care products for acne include special chemicals named Salicylic acid @2% and Benzoyl peroxide at @5%. These two ingredients are known for treating & preventing acne from the core. However, the Obagi kits for acne, which include three products, are actually incomplete & it contains two more products, named Obagi Therapatic Moisturizer with 20% Glycerin & its matte sunscreen.
You will see the change on your skin in just seven days of it;’s use & there will be reduced acne. After seven days of use, the new acne will not come & the old will be reduced. The reviews do not lie! Many customers have even uploaded their pictures after seven days of use, and one can see a clear difference in the acne reduction on their skin.
More than 81% of users were satisfied with the acne improvements by using these products & more than 87% reported that the products were very effective.
Also Read –
Main Components in the Obagi Skin Care Products for Acne:
1) Salicylic Acid – Both Obagi Face Cleanser & Pore Therapy contains 2% salicylic acid. The salicylic acid in the foam cleanser unclogged the pores & cleared away the dead cells, which are the main reasons for space for acne. On the other hand, pore therapy is actually beneficial for people with acne & without acne because salicylic acid makes the skin pores smaller & leaves no space for acne.
2) Benzoyl Peroxide – Obagi uses FDA’s approved Benzoyl Peroxide, which is clinically tested & made according to skin requirements. In addition, the company uses a specific kind of Benzoyl Peroxide, which enables better results with minimum side effects. The 5% Benzoyl Peroxide in Therapeutic Lotion reaches the pore of acne & works directly on it.
Also Read –
How to Use the Obagi Skin Care Products for Acne Prone Skin?
There are a total of five products for acne-prone skin by Obagi; let’s get you to know how to use products first! The proper sequence & steps are as follows:
1) Cleanse – First, cleanse the skin with Obagi Medical CLENZIderm M.D. Daily Care Foaming Cleanser. Use a tiny amount and massage over your face & then rinse with warm water. Now, wait for 15-20 minutes using the next product.
2) Tone – Now apply the Obagi Medical CLENZIderm M.D. Pore Therapy. To apply, use a cotton ball and then pour for 2-3 times. Now use a cotton ball on the affected area. Now, please wait for it to dry thoroughly & then rinse off with water. You can use it 1-3 times a day.
3) Targeted Solution – Now use the Obagi Medical CLENZIderm M.D. After cleansing, use a small amount and use it on the affected area. Let it dry. Do not rinse with water and keep it on the face like a regular moisturizer lotion. Use it 1-3 times a day.
4) Hydrate – Now use the Obagi Medical CLENZIderm M.D. Therapeutic Moisturizer to hydrate the skin. Becuase the above three products will make your skin dry. You can use it as the requirement of your skin or s directed by your physician.
5) Protect – To protect your skin, use Obagi Sunscreen Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen. It is essential to save your skin from the sun’s UV rays & heat. So use it before going out.
Also Read –
The Two other Obagi Face Products
Earlier, we mentioned about only three products, but here are the details about the two remaining products-
Obagi Therapeutic Moisturizer Glycerin 20%
- Contains 20% Glycerin for Moisturiser
- 50 ML
- Apply as your need for your skin.
This is the fourth Obagi skincare product for acne-prone skin & treatment. Use it with other Obagi face products.
Obagi Sunscreen SPF 50
- SPF 50 Sun protection
- 85 G
- Apply before going out
The last step in Obagi’s acne-prone skin treatment is Obagi Sunscreen SPF 50. Use it after four steps and before going out.
Our Review of Obagi Face Produsct for Acne!
We actually tried all the Obagi’s acne-treatment products for seven straight days. And we actually found them very beneficial for reducing & preventing acne further. We use them step by step as mentioned by the company, and yes, sometimes it irritates the skin, but all products indeed work on acne.
Here are the pros & cons of the Obagi Kits for Acne-
- The five steps are easy to apply.
- All products are easy to use.
- Shows results in just seven days.
- Best for normal to oily skin.
- Prevents acne in the future.
- Pore therapy sometimes irritates the skin.
- Not suitable for dry skin.
So overall, this can be your ideal acne treatment if you have normal to oily skin.
So this was all about the Obagi Skin Care products for acne treatment, and we can say that these products & treatment from Obagi is beneficial. So we recommend you to buy and try the treatment.
We hope you found this article helpful & informative. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!
Also Read –