Hair modeling is an underappreciated form of modeling. Hair shows are well-known all around the country, and hair models are always in demand. Work with photographers, stylists, and product makers to showcase the current trends in hair care products, styles, and fashions through the use of hair models. Hair modeling can be a great career & it requires a person to have long & lustrous hair. Even men can become hair models if they have good looks &, of course, strong & shiny hair. But, How to become a hair model?
Actually, becoming a hair model is a complete process. The first & foremost thing is to have long, lustrous hair along with a good physique. Then, one should get trained as a model & after that, starts the process of endorsing yourself through agents. After that, your success depends on whether you will get work in shows or endorsements or not!
Let's get to know in detail how to become a hair model!
What is a Hair Modeling?
Hair modeling is a rising career path in the modeling industry. One who models hairstyles for the benefit of salon owners and stylists, and manufacturers of hair care products(for example, shampoo, conditioner, and hair styling products) is referred to as a “hair model.”
From 2008 to 2018, the number of job openings for hair models grew by 16%. Even now, it is growing at a fast pace.
According to the brand and audience, both men and women are needed to model hair for hair products. Hair models are frequently required by haircare companies, including Tresemme, Remington, GHD, Herbal Essences, and Tony & Guy.
How much do hair models make?
Because hair marketing models are always paid on a per-job basis, their earnings will fluctuate from year to year. As a result, there is a wide range of pay for hair models, from $100 to $10,000 per job. In the United States, the daily average wage is around $230.
Models often earn around $30,000 a year. So indeed, the hair modeling industry too pays a good amount of money.
How to become a hair model?
Becoming a hair model doe not only require good looks & just long, beautiful hair. Indeed, these are essential requirements, but apart from this one should have other qualities like being a professional model, contact with established agents & experience.
Let's have a look at the whole process of becoming a hair model:
1) Check the state of your hair
Hair models don't have to be exceptionally tall or super thin. All you really need is a beautiful head of hair for hair modeling. First and foremost, you should assess the condition of your hair.
A trip to the hair salon may also be in order. Hair models should present themselves in a tidy and organized manner.
2) Use Best Hair Products
As well as styling and cutting your hair, you want to invest in quality hair care products. The quality of one's shampoo and conditioner is often taken for granted. But for hair models, these elements are essential.
It's possible to enhance your hair's appearance by using leave-in conditioners, oils to hydrate it, and hairspray in addition to shampoo and conditioner.
3) Create your portfolio
A professionally taken portfolio of your images is essential for anyone, male or female, who wants to be a hair model. It can make the difference between a call that goes through and one that doesn't.
Hair models need headshots of both the front and back, as well as a few images of their hair. It's a good idea to include information about your hair on your resumes, such as its texture, color, length, and the last time you had a haircut.
4) Consider Model Training
Modeling does not necessitate a college degree, but it can provide you with the modeling talents and business knowledge you need to succeed in the industry.
Models who want to become hair stylists or presenters might want to consider attending specialist training.
5) Start from the bottom for experience
You can find out if your local salon needs hair models or if it has activities planned for new trainees by asking around. You can also look online for hair product manufacturers' needs.
These additional gigs will add to your hair modeling experience and help you to get jobs in the future.
6) Contact an Agent
Casting directors, fashion designers, professional photographers, and other members of the fashion business are all connected to modeling agencies. Besides scheduling auditions, picture shoots, and travel arrangements, agents often negotiate contracts for their clients.
So to start & get hair modeling jobs, one should definitely contact an agent or modeling agency.
7) Promote yourself on Social Media
You need to get seen by casting directors and agents, and social media is the best method to do it. Of course, it's the beginning; you won't get much attention. But if you have images of yourself on social media, you'll have a better chance of being noticed!
8) Keep the hustle on!
Now, keep searching for hair modeling jobs on companies' websites, through agents & get yourself out in the hair modeling world. You will definitely get a name & fame for yourself if you keep the hustle on.
Read Also: How long to leave olaplex 3 on hair
How to become a male hair model?
To become a male hair model, the first & foremost thing required is having great hair. Male hair models not only require great hair on their heads but on their faces too! A thick, even beard is a need for male models who are modeling their facial hair.
Here's how to become a male hair model!
- There is no other prerequisite for hair modeling. So, the first step is to check the condition of your face and head hair.
- As well as styling and cutting your hair, you want to invest in quality hair care products. The best face and head hair products are a must-have for males.
- Ideally, you want your hair to appear natural, flowing, and well-trimmed. Even the beard requires regular grooming to remain in good condition. A long beard will allow you to change the length of your beard based on your modeling assignments.
- Shoot a few photos once you've achieved a look that you're happy with. Just take a few images of your hair and face that look natural.
- Modeling is a highly skilled profession. If you're affluent enough, you can attend a modeling school. However, to become a model, you must complete a training program.
- Finding a competent agent is essential if you want to do hair modeling full-time. It's significantly easier to get work when you work through an agency.
- It's also important to put yourself out there as a model. So, start looking for shows in your neighborhood. Go to as many auditions as possible.
This is all you need to do to become a male hair model!
Read Also: How to fix uneven bleached hair
How to become a hair model on Instagram?
Instagram is a great platform to start to become a hair model. You can come in the yes of modeling agencies, casting directors, & agents. Through them, you can get hair modeling gigs.
So here are some steps by which you can become a hair model on Instagram:
- Click great pictures of your hair in the limelight & post them on Instagram.
- Make sure your Instagram account is public. Continue to upload everyday photos, but be aware that a potential employer may see language and content.
- Modeling agencies will use Instagram to scout possible models, therefore include them in your Instagram posts.
- Upload a selection of photographs to show your versatility. Modeling companies look for photos that highlight your face characteristics, hair, and ability to pose in various settings.
- Photos that show off your natural beauty and individuality are more likely to be seen by modeling agency scouts. So avoid heavy editing on your photos.
- Getting discovered on Instagram is made easier if you have a significant social media following. So focus on increasing your followers.
- Direct messaging the Instagram pages of modeling agencies is an additional approach. After reading this, there is a good chance you'll get noticed by a hair-modeling agency.
These steps will help you become a hair model on Instagram & get gigs by getting discovered by modeling agencies.
Read Also: Different types of braids styles for black hair
How to become a hair model for commercials?
Whether you are becoming a hair model for commercials or for endorsing products on appearing in magazines, it is important to have great hair & the skills of modeling. In addition, to become a hair model for commercials, one should know acting.
Apart from this, here are some things that will help you to become a hair model for commercials:
- Check the state of your hair
- Create your portfolio
- Join Model Training & Acting school
- Contact an Agent to get linked & get gigs
- Promote yourself on Social Media
Your main focus should be on your hair & some acting skills. And if you have an agent, then your chances of getting commercials will increase. So just keep the hustle going!
This was all about how to become a hair model. We hope now you know all the steps to becoming a hair model. Please let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below if you found this article helpful & informative.
Thank you for reading!