Everyone wants beautiful hand and feet nails. The toenail is the most visible nail of feet and part of the beauty of feet. But what if you develop toenail fungus? Can you get a pedicure if you have toenail fungus? What if you get turned down by a nail salon? How to get rid of toenail fungus?
What is toenail fungus?
A toenail fungus named Onychomycosis can be a persistent disease that causes nail thickening, crumbling, and make them ragged. In addition, a toenail fungus, if developed, can make toenails brittle on the edges. So it is necessary to get them treated as soon as possible to avoid any further inner damage.
Toenail fungus can be transferred from one person to another through direct contact with the infected area or through objects used on the infected area.
Toenail fungus can even result in Nail injury, Diabetes, Weakened nails, and even blood circulation problems.
Can you get a pedicure if you have toenail fungus?
Nail technicians know about toenail fungus, and they may have treated the nails with toenail fungus. But can you get a pedicure if you have toenail fungus?
The answer can be ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ because many nail technicians may agree to do a pedicure with toenail fungus. However, many may do not provide service.
The reason being that as it is transferable, it may be possible that it can infect other clients of nail salons through the use of the same equipment or objects.
Also, many nail salons advise their clients to get toenail fungus treated before getting a pedicure.
It would be best to get treatment from a podiatrist before even thinking about a pedicure if you have Toenail fungus.
You can also read –
What if you get turned down by a nail salon?
If you’ve Toenail fungus and a nail salon turn you down for a pedicure, then there is nothing to feel wrong about it. Because you already know that the nail fungus is a transmissible disease, so it can transmit to either nail salon workers or their clients.
Also, it is advisable to get treatment from a podiatrist before getting a pedicure. After that, it should be your own responsibility to get treatment.
How to get rid of Toenail fungus?
If you have toenail fungus and you want to treat it, then the best way is to get treatment from a podiatrist. Yes, there can be other remedies that you can do by yourself, but it is always advisable to visit a podiatrist if you or your nail technician consider it to be a worse situation.
Other remedies or treatments for Toenail fungus!
- You can use Listerine or Vics Vaporub because many people believe that it can cure Toenail fungus.
- Use anti-bacterial powder on your feet if you wear shoes. Also, try to wear sandals or floaters, as it helps in Toenail fungus.
- Soak your feet in hydrogen peroxide+water mix.
- Take advice from a doctor and use antifungal drugs to remove toenail fungus.
- You can even get laser treatment to cure toenail fungus.
You can also read –
What things can you do to avoid Toenail fungus?
- If you’ve ingrown nails, then do not cut them; visit a podiatrist for help. Elsewhere it can cause fungus.
- Ask your nail technician to use sterilized equipment and proper sanitization while working on your nail.
- You can even use products to keep your nails Toenails and other nails healthy and fungus/bacteria-free.
- Get pedicure and nail treatments from time to time.
- Do not share your nail tools with anybody else to avoid infection chances.
- You should stop eating diets that include gluten because fungus feeds on gluten.
- You can take coconut capsules because they are anti-bacterial and avoid Toenail fungus.
So this was all about Toenail fungus. Don’t forget to keep your feet and feet nails healthy and avoid any diseases.
Now it’s your turn to help us by leaving a comment.
Thank you for reading!