You will be surprised to know that there are 12 types of hair textures. The textures range from entirely straight to full coiled hair. But do you know which of them is the most loved & popular texture that women want to have? No, it’s not straight hair but slightly wavy hair. These slightly wavy hair are known as the 2a hair type.
2a hair type is a popular hair type with very slight waves & looks more on the straighter side. The whole type 2 hair texture has waves in them but with a straight texture too. These do not have curls, so these are easier to manage than type 3 & 4 type textures.
This article will guide you about the type 2 hair texture & specifically about the 2a hair type. Let’s get started!
What are Type 2 Hair?
Type 2 Hair, also known as wavy hair, has a curly texture but straighter texture in them. They are easier to shape than type 3 or type 4 hair. Actually, they get their structure from the shape of the cortex. Type 2 hair is also known as ‘naturally wavy’ for its structure. Actually, these hair have an ‘S’ shape structure, which goes stronger, the more its sub-type increases.
There are three curl types in type 2 hair:
- 2a – Slight waves hair.
- 2b – Soft waves hair.
- 2c – Defined waves hair.
These all three types have waves with a touch of straightening ranging from low to high. 2a 2b hair types are trendy, as both hair types look very smooth & beautiful. However, the 2a hair type is better for its slightly wavy & loose ‘S’ texture.
2a Wavy Hair – The Best Hair Type?
2a wavy hair is the first hair type that falls between curly & straight strands. This hair type is considered as most manageable & easy to style. This very loose ‘S’ waves hair type actually has the thinnest body structure. This is what gives the lowest wavy structure.
This hair type is one of the best curl types that most women want.
In order to prevent their form from changing, it is always advised not to use heavy hair products with thin structures. Many people even get special hair treatments & use various products to gain this hair type. & If you have this hair structure naturally, you are a lucky person.
Best hair length for this hair type – This hair type gives the best look in a short hairstyle, as they get space for being in their shape & not getting weighed down with other hair. Moreover, the shorter hairstyle looks like a thicker set of locks.
How to take care of 2a Wavy Hair?
If you have 2a type or got yourself this hair type, you might be wondering how to Take Care of this hair? Here are some recommendations that you should follow to take Care of this hair type:
- You should use oil once or twice a week to improve the hair texture of your hair & keep the same texture. Use coconut, jojoba or argan oil. Another thing is, you should use the oil 1-2 hours before shampooing the hair. It will adequately moisturise your hair.
- Use special products made for wavy hair & do not use hair products designed for curly or straight hair, becuase that’s not your hair type.
- Wavy hair requires more hydration than straight hair but less than curl types hair. So to give proper hydration, use specific products. We will mention some good products, to choose from.
- Do not excessively use heat styling irons & curlers or straighteners. It can change the hair type.
- For daily use, use serum,s instead of oils.
- Trim the hair frequently to avoid split ends & maintain the hair texture.
Products to Take Care of 2a Wavy Hair:
Briogeo Be Gentle Conditioner
Herstyler Hair Repair Serum
How to Style 2a Hair Type?
Here are some tips on how to style 2a hair types:
- To give your hair more curl, use a 1.5 inch curliung rod & enhance the waves & texture of your hair. The hair will look great afterwards.
- Use hair serum to make the hair more light & textured.
- In case you style your hair with heat products like curler or straigtner, don’t forget to use a heat protectant spray on hair to avoid damage.
- Use a volumizing product to make hair look more thick & shiny.
- While styling your hair, use a styling mousse, foam rather than using gels or creams. The gels or creams can make your delicate hair greasy, weighing them down.
- Washing your hair before sleeping, you should wrap the hair in satin or cotton towel, to prevent them from becoming frizzy.
- Use a diffuser in the hair dryer to spread the hot air on hair evenly.
Best Mousse/foam & Serum for type 2a Hair:
Design Essentials Curl Enhancing Mousse
Vitamins Keratin Protein Hair Serum
Can You Brush 2a Hair?
Definitely, Yes! One can & should use a good-quality brush to manage type 2a hair. Using a brush with soft bristles will make hair maintain its texture & even remove any frizz. The best brush for 2a wavy hair type is:
Framar Detangling Brush for Curly Hair
The 2a wavy hair is considered as best hair type, so if you have this hair, consider yourself to be lucky. Moreover, one should make sure to maintain their texture & consistency by using good quality products & giving them properly. Finally, you should follow the tips we have given to care for & style the 2a hair.
We hope you found this article informative & helpful. Please let us know your thoughts on this article in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!