The pixie cut is one of the most famous short haircuts. Women love to have this stylish & low-maintenance haircut. The haircut just takes a little time to get styled; moreover, there is almost no need to use many hairstyle products. You can surely get a pixie cut from a professional or salon, but one can also do it at home. But you may don’t know how to cut a pixie haircut at home?
Don’t worry; this article will guide & help you to get a pixie cut at home. So let’s get started!
What are the things required to get a pixie cut at home?
Before starting the step-by-step guide, on how to get a pixie cut at home, it is essential to gather the things required to do it. Here is the list of things that you should get gather.
- Guarded Razor
- Hair Cutting Scissors about the size of hand
- Thinning Shears
- Texture Shears
- Small Wide Tooth Com
- Vacuum Cleaner or Brush to clean
How to cut a pixie haircut at home?
Now, relax & get ready to get a pixie haircut. Of course, it would be best if you get the help of someone else & if not, then do every step with proper care. So here is the step by step to get a pixie cut!
- First, take comb & spereate the back side hair from the front side, like shown in the photo. Use clips to hold the hair at the place.
- Now take the back side of hair & cut the hair with thinning shear & use of comb. You should take total precaution while cutting the back side hair.
- You should lift the hair to get more softer effect.
- Now repeat the same process & cut all the back hair. The process should be done with precautions.
- Measure the hair to check accuracy of cutting. Use fingers to measure the length.
- It’s time to cut the hair from sides & front to match with the back hair.
- You should cut the straggly hair with the scissors.
- Repeat the same process to cut hair from the other side & front.
- Now, use guarded razor to clean up the neck & sides. This will remove small & excess hair from the neck.
- Here you have your pixie cut, without help from anyone & that’s too clean & beautiful.
Your haircut should look like this.
How to cut your own hair short pixie?
As mentioned above, you can cut your pixie short at home & with use of some tools & of course some courage & confidence. Here is the step by step instructions on how to cut your own har short pixie:
How to cut a pixie haircut at home with help of someone?
If one gets help from someone else, then there are chances of fewer mistakes & more accuracy in the cut. Plus, one can look at the back & cut the hair in proper size. If you have someone with you who will cut your pixie, then here is the video tutorial for them:
How to trim your own pixie cut at home?
If you have a pixie cut already, but now your hair starts to grow & the pixie cut needs a trim, then you can do it by yourself. There is no need to visit the salon & pay a high price to trim the pixie cut.
You just need to follow the steps mentioned in the video below & you will have your beautiful pixie again. But first, get a few things with yourself. The trim will need Mirro, Comb, Clips, Thinning & Texture Shears, Scissors & Clipper.
Is it safe to get a pixie Cut At Home?
If frankly answering, it is not safe to get a pixie cut at home because there are chances of errors or cutting mistakes. If you’re doing the cut alone, then there are chances of uneven hair cutting. Moreover, you may use the tools in the wrong way, which can result in a wrong look.
Even if you are getting the pixie with the help of someone, then they may also make any mistake. So doing pixie at home is risky, yet one can do it if they have enough skills.
Check Also this: Best boar bristle brush for fine thin hair
This was all about getting a pixie haircut at home, with or without the help of someone. You should make your mind first; whether you can get the pixie at home or not, only you should process it.
We hope you found this article helpful & informative. Let us know in the comments your thoughts & recommendations.
Thank you for reading!